Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Zagreb, Croatia December 29, 2013

Mom,

This week has been crazy! I finished up my time in Karlovac with Sister B and then was in Zagreb and got to spend some really fun time serving with Sister M, one of my MTC companions. It was so good to see her!  She is spectacular!

Before my flight back to Sarajevo, I had an interview with President and turns out, I'm getting transferred to Zagreb!  I'm going to finish training Sister M's new companion and Sister M is going down to Sarajevo to serve with Sister H. I don't believe it! In Zagreb I'm supposed to work on their English programs and get them up and running so that they can be more effective in finding more people to teach, like we've been doing in Sarajevo. Also, after I get it set up in Zagreb, I think I'm going to be traveling around to different cities to try to help them get set up and do a similar thing.

Another surprise on top of this whole thing is that I got to come back to Tuzla! I never changed my residence to Sarajevo on my visa, so I'm still registered as living in Tuzla and we have to cancel it before I leave the country. We drove to Tuzla last night (3 hours away) through bouts of really thick smog and gorgeous Bosnian country side. We got in around 8, so we had time to go teach a lesson, and we went over to J's home. I called her before we went over and apparently she was having a really hard time, and she just started crying that we were there. She kept saying that we were a blessing from God and that we came at just the right time when she needed us. She is such a sweetheart, and it was so good seeing her again.

I also got to spend a bunch of time last night just talking with Sister M, my companion in Tuzla. I love her so much and it is so easy being with her. I feel like I can tell her anything. I have made some incredible friendships on my mission. I love the sisters that I've had the chance to serve with. They are all so valiant, kind and strong.

This morning we went to the police station in Tuzla and it normally takes them a few days to cancel a visa, but we asked them to do it all today because I have a flight out of Sarajevo to Zagreb at 3:30... hopefully they can get it done by 11, because then we have to drive back to Sarajevo and make it to the airport and everything... ahh. We're a little bit tired and we don't really have a preparation day to decompress (I've been traveling for like 2 weeks straight), but it will be good.

My new companion in Zagreb will be Sister W. She's been out in the field for 6 weeks and is 19. I am excited to serve with her.
I feel changed in so many ways. I never want to lose how I feel. I know the way that I can keep this feeling with me is by consistently and routinely exercising my faith. I watched this video in the MTC and now it's on the LDS.org homepage. I think you'll like it. It talks about setting goals. http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=910930409001&cid=HPTH122613304&im=true
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2010/01/the-best-is-yet-to-be?lang=eng

I love you!! Have a great week!!

Sister Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment