Saturday, February 1, 2014

Zagreb, Croatia January 20, 2014

Hey Mom!

I'm glad you guys had a good week! Everything is great out here.

Zagreb is great! I really can't tell you how much I love being here. A little bit of a slower week in terms of lessons and new investigators, but we kept trucking on and it was such a blessing at the end of the week when we actually had a bunch of our investigators come to church on Sunday! I didn't even know how to divide my attention! We're working on having the members develop relationships with our investigators at church and just being more proactive about making people feel welcome and comfortable staying all three hours. It was a great meeting; we had a missionary farewell, a member named D is going to MTC on Friday and he's going to serve a mission in Albania! How cool! He is stellar and was the Elders Quorum President in the branch here. After his talk our branch president asked all the full-time missionaries to come up and sing Called to Serve as the closing song on the stand. It was really powerful and I really feel that a lot of the members here are starting to catch the vision for missionary work!

I love how you're working on being more diligent in every aspect of your life (exercise, scripture study, prayer). That really has been the attribute that I've been working on as well these past few weeks as well. Diligence is the key to our success-- in our personal goals, our relationships, in our testimonies, at work, etc. Even in my scripture study I keep noticing the word "diligence" in the scriptures and I'm like, "Okay, I get it already!" Haha. I'm working on being more diligent about being diligent. :)

We were on the tram this week on our way to go visit a less-active member and at one of the stops I was looking out the windows at some people around my age, one was smoking a cigarette, one was periodically checking his phone, I think to see if anyone had texted or called, and another one just stood there with kind of a blank look. I had eye contact with all of them and their eyes all just looked so sad. It broke my heart. I wanted to jump off the tram and just hug all of them and tell them that it's going to be okay. I think that's how Heavenly Father feels about us when we're sad or lonely. We came to the church after our lesson and we watched this video: http://mormon.org.nz/ryanwatts. I know that our families can be together forever. :) It made me feel so happy and warm, and I know that so many people are just trying to find a way to be happy in this life. I wish everyone would just talk with us, so that they can see that this is the way to be truly happy. We don't have to do it on our own. When we live true principles, we have God's promise of lasting happiness and peace even in the face of tribulation.

I love you so much, Mom. You are my hero. Have such a great week!

S ljubavlju uvijek,

Sister Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment