Sunday, June 1, 2014

Zagreb, Croatia April 21, 2014

Hey Mom,

We're going to Plitvica today, so we're up early doing e-mails, since we most likely won't have time otherwise.

We have had a really great week!! We have done 3 exchanges this past week (where we go to different cities and then split with the sisters-- one set comes back to Zagreb and the other stays in the other city), so we've been traveling a lot. It's been fun, but we're also pretty tired-- we've driven something like 19 hours this week. I think it wore me out so much, because on our last exchange when we were switching back, I accidentally put normal gas in the diesel car. AH.  It is so confusing! The mission recently purchased a bunch of new small cars, all of which use diesel. This has happened a few other times since cars are passed around between different missionary companionships, which makes me feel a bit better. Whoops :/

This Easter was so wonderful. Have you seen this video on the Easter page? I love it and we've shown it to lots of people. We had a Easter party this week at the church and I got a package in the mail from Sister Neuberger with TONS of candy, egg dye, decorations, etc. which was a huge contribution to the party. We hid candy everywhere around the church. Normally in Croatia they don't hunt for candy here on Easter, so it was so fun teaching that tradition to them and watching all the adults get really into finding all the candy. I forgot to bring my cord for my camera, but I'll send you some pictures of everything later. Here's a video that we showed at the party: http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694 It is really good.

On Easter we sang in the choir, I gave a last minute talk, translated for a bit, and then went to the Rowe's house afterwards. Sister Rowe had just gotten back from the Frankfurt temple on Saturday night and she somehow managed to make this huge Easter lunch for all the missionaries, family and friends. It was so yummy and thoughtful of her. I think she's superhuman. We then were invited over to a member's house for dinner to meet her whole family. She had made one of the biggest meals I've ever had in my life, complete with 6 different types of meat, yummy desserts and a lot of grease...(we're going on a 6 mile hike today). Her family isn't LDS, but they were so sweet, taught us all about Croatian Easter traditions, and loved laughing and telling stories. It was so much fun.

We need to get going, but I love you lots!

Hope you have a great week!

Sister Orgill

Here's a quote by Holland that I remembered last night as I was falling asleep for harder times...: "If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who have ever lived."



No comments:

Post a Comment