Sunday, August 31, 2014

Zabreb, Croatia July 7, 2014

Hey Mom,

So, we're going to Lake Bled and Ljubljana today! The Russells, the senior couple in Karlovac asked President Grant if they could take us and the Karlovac sisters (since both Sisters Erbe and Krump are going home soon) up there for the day and he said yes! We're really excited.

President Rowe left on Tuesday morning! For P-day we played a huge game of basketball at his house and it was so much fun. President Oštarčević, the first counselor in the mission presidency, and a former scout for the NY Knicks was there and he had us all running drills and training us. Haha. It was pretty cool. Sister Rowe had ordered a ton of pizza afterward, we took lots of pictures, and said tearful goodbyes. President Grant is here and we had Zone Conference and interviews in Zagreb this week. Everyone loved the Rowes so much, but I know that President and Sister Grant will really do a great job here and everyone will grow to love them too. 

This week went by too quickly I don't even know where the time went. We had a great lesson with a less-active this week and we brought one of our members to come and teach her. It was so good, and she even end up coming to church!

We are still working with J's son, T. We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ this week and he gives the best answers and prayers. He is such a great kid. J did such a wonderful job raising him. Him and his brother, Seb, 6, give the greatest answers in Primary. I helped teach Primary yesterday with Sister Hobbs, a senior sister.I have so much respect for the people who are called to work in primary. At the endnd of the lesson, I asked the children one thing they had all learned about Christ and all of their answers were something like, “He was good.” “He was kind..” Seb says, “I know that Christ lives, and I know that if we pray to Him than He can help us to do anything that is good.” Wisdom from the mouth of a 6 year old. His mom J has come to church every Sunday for the past month and yesterday she got up and bore her testimony. She brought her Spanish Book of Mormon and was highlighting and reading along during all the meetings. She is such a cutie.

I really liked what you shared about M. I will print off that talk and share what you said with him. I think that will be really nice for him to hear that other people are rooting him on. He needs to believe more in himself. 

Sister Erbe is going to Rijeka and Sister Peterson is coming here tomorrow, so we're going to go teach him together.

While we were on the tram this week, I started talking to this man who was from Indonesia! He and his family were going to the Indonesian embassy for the elections. I practiced what little Bahasa I was able to remember and I told him about Mike. Him and his family were so nice and we ended up talking the whole tram ride. He told me I really needed to practice my Bahasa and that Mike should help me, haha. 

We had more great lessons that we don't have time to write about right now, but it was a great week! We are working hard and I think that's why we're so tired. President Rowe says that when we get off the plane that our families should pick us up on stretchers, because we've really given it everything we have. So, be ready with the stretcher in a few months ;) 

 
Love,
 
Sister Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment