Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Zagreb, Croatia September 15, 2014

Hey Mom,

Transfer calls this time around were pretty unexpected for all the missionaries. I'm getting transferred down to Zadar, and I'm working with Sister KropuĊĦek. They're splitting our Croatia zone because it's too big and hard to manage with exchanges, driving and such, so it will be a little bit different. It was sad having these be my last transfer calls. I'm excited for Zadar, but I'm also so sad to be leaving Zagreb and Sister Bradley. I love Zagreb so, so much. The members here have become my family away from home. 

Also, I feel so proud of Sister Bradley. She is SO FANTASTIC. She speaks the language so well even though she has only been out here a short time. She is obedient, a hard worker, her testimony has deepened, and she has become a really powerful teacher. I cannot believe that I won't be working with her, our members and the people we have been teaching here. I know I will just be a wreck on Sunday. 

President Uchtdorf says that goodbyes are hard for us, because we're not meant for them. We are made up of the stuff of eternity, and we are meant for eternal things, not endings. I think that is so important to remember in our relationships with everyone around us. Even if we are geographically separated, our relationships and the love we have for each other can continue and should continue to last.

This is the quote from Elder Uchtdorf:  
In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings. Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings,  children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.
The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that  endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions --temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy  awaiting the faithful. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father. In His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings.
This week was really good, but it's 8:00 at night, so I have to keep my e-mail short this week. President Grant asked us to have a spur of the moment trip to Serbia over this weekend to have a conference with the other sister training leaders to work on some items for English classes and help resolve some situations. There was a lot of driving, a lot of working, planning, skyping... ah. We drove up to Novi Sad today and that was so much fun to go see this morning. It is beautiful there. I love the Balkans.
Love,

Sister Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment